2019 SHSMD Connections Call for Proposals
Submission Deadline CLOSED January 14, 2019
Do you have expertise in the fields of health care strategic planning, business development, marketing, digital engagement, data analytics or communications/public relations? Are you eager to share innovative strategies, cutting-edge ideas and workable and measurable implementation plans?
If you have a new approach, proven success or groundbreaking insights in one or more of these topics of interest, SHSMD invites you to submit a proposal for SHSMD Connections 2019 in Nashville, TN September 8–11. Each year, this prestigious, four-day conference draws more than 1,500 health care strategists from across the nation. For 2019, SHSMD is seeking content experts in the areas of:
Research & Analytics
Session formats include:
- Workshop (2.5-hour preconference workshop on Sunday, September 8, or two back-to-back 60-minute concurrent sessions)
Intensive, deep dive into a topic that includes interactive exercises, skill development, and tangible take-aways; workshop attendance is limited to 50 attendees and three presenters
- Concurrent Session (60-minute session held Monday–Wednesday, September 9–11)
Interactive presentation including Q&A; limited to two presenters; panel presentations may have up to four presenters
To be considered, please submit your proposal online by 11:59 p.m. CT January 14, 2019. Please review the following information before submitting your proposal:
- SHSMD will accept up to three (3) proposals per primary presenter. Consultants/exhibitors should submit no more than three total submissions per organization.
- SHSMD strongly recommends all vendors/consultants include at least one presenter from a health care organization (hospital/health system or similar entity). Contact information and confirmation of that presenter’s participation is required when submitting the proposal. If you do not include a provider, please provide reasoning in your submission.
- All presentations must be done on the SHSMD PowerPoint template, which will be provided to all selected presenters. Any slides submitted without the template will be rejected.
- The promotion of any commercial products or services directly violates the SHSMD Code of Conduct (part of the Speaker Terms & Conditions) that all speakers must agree to during the submission process. At SHSMD’s discretion, presentations that violate the agreement may be closed before the designated end of the session.
- The 2019 Annual Conference Planning Committee may work collaboratively with selected session speakers to refine the message or delivery format of their sessions in order to ensure they meet the learning objectives set out in the accepted proposals.
- All selected faculty must attend a faculty training webinar.
All proposals will be evaluated by the SHSMD Annual Conference Planning Committee. Proposal selection is based on the following criteria:
- Addresses at least one of these topics of interest
- Relevancy and timeliness of topic
- Includes at least one presenter from a health care organization (hospital/health system or similar entity). If a provider is not included, be sure to provide reasoning in your submission.
- Advances the skills and knowledge of the strategy professions. For example, proposal incorporates the implications, skills or competencies in SHSMD’s “Bridging Worlds: The Future Role of the Healthcare Strategist”
- New application of advanced techniques.
- Incorporates an interactive component to engage audience (exercise, group work, polling, other).
- Case study examples highlight demonstrable organizational impact, clear results, and the “how to’s.”
- Provides an applicable take-away such as a tool or template (tools must be non-promotional, submitted with slides, and approved by SHSMD). Required for all workshops.
- Speaker qualifications: strong evaluation data and references.
As noted in the Speaker Terms and Conditions, speaker benefits include:
- A discounted registration for their time and efforts.
- Workshop presenters receive a free registration (savings of up to $1,195) limited to two presenters. Any additional workshop presenters will need to pay the full conference rate.
- Concurrent session speakers receive a discounted rate of $450 (savings of up to $745).
- Speakers are responsible for transportation, meals, and lodging. SHSMD does not cover any of these costs. Speakers must also be registered attendees.
Submissions will be evaluated by the SHSMD Annual Conference Planning Committee and all primary presenters will be notified of their acceptance status by May 1. Abstracts will also be reviewed for SHSMD U online educational programming (webcasts/online courses), newsletter, and blog consideration. You will be notified later in the year if we would like to highlight your ideas.
Please contact SHSMD at 312.422.3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the proposal process.