Creating a Strategic Planning Process that Drives Future Success
Topics: Strategic Planning
Resource type: Guide / Report NEW!
A collaboration between the Society for Healthcare Strategy & Market Development and Kaufman, Hall & Associates, LLC
Is your planning process nimble enough? Are you receiving valuable input? Are you monitoring progress well and frequently enough? Is the plan yielding the outcomes you seek?
A recent survey of healthcare strategic planning leaders by SHSMD and Kaufman, Hall & Associates, LLC, highlights a number of opportunities for improving strategic planning in healthcare organizations. Forty-seven healthcare strategic planning leaders, including chief strategy officers, vice presidents of planning, and directors of strategic planning, responded to a survey and shared how well they thought their approaches incorporated best-in-class practices. Four areas stand out as the most critical opportunities for improvement:
- Incorporating consumer insights
- Informing planning via data analytics
- Integrating planning and capital allocation
- Engaging key stakeholders in planning
This survey report includes key survey findings and key thoughts from leading healthcare planners, including:
- Ruth Colby, chief strategy officer, Silver Cross Hospital
- Meta Dooley, senior vice president, strategy development, Catholic Health Initiatives
- Mark Grube, managing director, Kaufman Hall
- Carol Y. Koenecke-Grant, vice president, strategic services, Valley Health System
- Ruth Portacci, principal, Healthcare Strategy Partners, Inc., and SHSMD board president
- Maria L. Royce, chief strategy officer, WellSpan Health
PLUS! Register for the SHSMD U webcast on this topic.