Futurescan 2019–2024: Health Care Trends and Implications
Resource type: Publication
Futurescan 2019–2024 explores key forces that are transforming the future of health care. The annual publication features articles by a panel of thought and opinion leaders on the following important issues:
- Agents of Change: How Hospitals and Health Systems Can Change the Course of the Opioid Epidemic
By Michael Botticelli
- High-Value Health Care: Adopting the Attributes of “Bright-Spot” Hospitals
by David S. P. Hopkins, Ph.D., Melora Simon, Thomas Wang, Ph.D., and Arnold Milstein, M.D.
- Flipping the Stack: Can New Technology Drive Health Care’s Future?
by Matthew Holt and Indu Subaiya, M.D.
- Bioelectronic Medicine: Creating New Treatment Paradigms
By Chad Bouton
- Health Systems Partner to Grow Consumer-Driven Physician Networks
by Amir Dan Rubin
- Reaching the Limits of the Governance Model
By James E. Orlikoff
- The Future Role of States in Health Care Policy and Regulation
By Erin C. Fuse Brown, J.D., M.P.H.
- Solutions to Workforce Shortages May Require Strategic Partners
by Susan Salka
The articles are supported by insights from a national survey of hospital executives. The publication provides strategic actions you can take to position your organization for future success.
Futurescan 2019–2024 is sponsored by CareTech Solutions.
NOTE: SHSMD members as of December 2018 will be mailed a complimentary copy of this publication in January 2019. Members who joined after December 2018 will receive a complimentary copy of the next edition. (Not a member? Join SHSMD today!)