July 22–August 16, 2019
SHSMD is excited to offer a new online credential course for our health care marketers and communicators who are looking to develop or refresh their digital strategy using a “tradigital” approach. According to MarketingWeek.com, “Tradigital is the fusion of traditional and digital. When applied to marketing, it effectively means applying traditional principles of marketing and branding to the digital space in order to gain competitive advantage.” Our expert faculty from Greystone.Net and Brown Parker & DeMarinis Advertising (BPD) will share their insights on the current state of digital marketing and emerging technologies. They will then outline a roadmap to help you start or revamp your digital strategy, and provide ways to create effective and scalable content. You will then learn how to share content tactics and activation ideas using a tradigital approach. The course will end with an overview of what’s coming next and how to prepare.
A variety of health care providers will share real world case examples and resources that apply these insights. Guest speakers will include Lannie Byrd, Chief Operating Officer Team SI; Sharon Line Clary, Vice President of Marketing, AdventHealth; Tyler Ford, Principal, OptumInsight, and Brian Gresh, President, Loyal.
The course will cover the following four topic modules, which include webinars, case examples, discussion board assignments, and access to a library of additional resources (conference session recordings, templates, white papers, articles, etc.). Complete all course requirements and earn a SHSMD Credential in Health Care Digital Marketing Strategy, which can be shared as a digital badge on social media.
Module 1: Building the Foundation of a Successful Contemporary Digital Marketing Program in Health Care
- Understanding the current state of digital marketing in/out of health care and the major trends impacting marketers
- Inventory of marketing techniques/technology, how they work together and the importance of an integrated marketing technology
- Positioning/Aligning staff and other resources to meet new needs
*Webinar: Tuesday, July 23 (1–2 p.m. Central)
Presenters: Kathy Divis, Lannie Byrd
- *Picking a pilot project, setting reasonable goals and selling it to the C-Suite/Speaking CEO language
- Creating an attribution model and ROI model
- Selling through your budget
*Webinar: Thursday, July 25 (1–2 p.m. Central)
Presenters: Jason Brown, Sharon Line Clary
Assignment (Week of July 29): Picking your pilot project.
Module 2: Telling Your Story to Drive Results
- Developing an effective and scalable content strategy
- Creating a powerful, dynamic messaging matrix
- Understanding how data analysis is used to guide strategy and content
*Webinar: Tuesday, August 6 (1–2:15 p.m. Central)
Presenters: Jason Brown, Tyler Ford
Module 3: Activating Your Message Across the Tradigital Landscape
- Creating a tradigital approach & lead generating digital tactics
- Understanding the impact of your digital properties on your brand
- Understanding the ABCs of owned versus paid versus earned media
*Webinar: Thursday, August 8 (1–2 p.m. Central)
Presenter: Jason Brown
Module 4: Preparing for What is Coming Next
- Exploring the emerging technologies including predictive analytics, virtual reality, and artificial intelligence/conversational intelligence
- Exploring how emerging technologies may impact: budget and staffing, MarTech stack, channels used, and attribution models
*Webinar – Tuesday, August 13 (1–2 p.m. Central)
Presenters: Kathy Divis, Brian Gresh
*All live webinars are recorded and available to access 24/7 within the course platform.
Completion of all discussion board assignments and successfully passing the exam will result in a SHSMD Credential in Digital Marketing Strategy.
Brown Parker & DeMarinis Advertising
Chief Operations Officer
Sharon Line Clary
Vice President of Marketing