With 2017 on the horizon, it’s a great time to evaluate and prepare for the year ahead. One item that should be at the top of your list is how your role is positioned to support your organization’s bundled payment initiatives. CMS has continued to promote its commitment to integrated care delivery and has increasingly taken steps to support the transition from fee-for-service to fee-for-value.
CMS’ finalization of the Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR) model in 2015 mandated bundled payment for Medicare joint replacement patients at 794 hospitals across the country. This was a strong signal of CMS’ commitment to move forward on episodic payment for joint replacement. Initial results have promoted CMS to recently announce their intent to expand this payment structure across multiple cardiac episodes within 98 markets by next year.
Is your hospital prepared for the transition?
This webcast will share:
- What business development professionals need to understand about the bundled payment environment
- Five dynamic forces that contribute to successful implementation
- Key questions for consideration before moving forward including how to use a data-drive approach to forecast implementation impact
- Tips for identifying and engaging qualified physicians and post-acute partners in redesigning processes and protocols that will improve quality and reduce cost of care
Susan Boydell, Partner, Barlow/McCarthy
Carrie Bennett, VP Client Strategy, Marketware
* Sponsored webcasts are educational offerings brought to you directly by and with support from paid sponsors. The content is educational in nature relevant to the SHSMD membership, and has been selected by the sponsor. The opinions expressed are those of the presenter and do not necessarily state or reflect the views of SHSMD or the AHA.