DateTue, Nov 08, 2022 – Tue, Jan 31, 2023
Due to popular demand, SHSMD is excited to offer the Strategic Planning in Health Care online course series again! The series received an outstanding overall evaluation rating of 4.87/5 (with 5 being extremely satisfied).
The series will offer two core courses plus self-paced electives that allow you to customize the program based on your areas of interest. See below for more detail.
SHSMD Strategic Planning in Health Care online program includes three courses focused on the Strategic Planning Process and Content, Successful Plan Execution, and a variety of elective topics. The credential holder has met a set of established criteria identified in the course learning objectives stated below as well as additional criteria.
Course 1: Strategic Planning Process and Content
November 8 - November 17, 2022
This course will cover four modules, with each module including a live, 60 minute webcast and associated discussions/assignments. Registrants must also pass a short exam at the end of the course as part of the credential requirements.
- Module 1: Designing an Effective Strategic Planning Process
Tuesday, November 8, 2022 | 12:00-1:00pm CT / 1:00pm-2:00pm ET
- Module 2: Elements of a Strategic Plan
Thursday, November 10, 2022 | 12:00-1:00pm CT / 1:00pm-2:00pm ET
- Module 3: Strategic Metrics (Key Performance Indicators)
Tuesday, November 15, 2022 | 12:00-1:00pm CT / 1:00pm-2:00pm ET
- Module 4: Understanding Context and Being Future Focused
Wednesday, November 16, 2022 |10:00am-11:00am CT / 11:00am-12:00pm ET
Electives Course: Self-Paced
November 22, 2022 - January 31, 2023
- Click here to view the full list of elective webinars. You are required to watch four webinars and complete/pass the accompanying quizzes in order to earn the SHSMD Digital Credential in Health Care Strategic Planning.
Course 2: Successful Plan Execution
Tuesday, January 3 - Tuesday, January 31, 2023
- Module 1: Communicating the Strategic Plan to Different Stakeholders
Tuesday, January 3, 2023 | 12:00-1:00pm CT / 1:00pm-2:00pm ET
- Module 2: Developing a Tactical Plan
Thursday, January 5, 2023 | 12:00-1:00pm CT / 1:00pm-2:00pm ETT
- Module 3: Integrating and Aligning the Strategic Plan with Financial Planning
Tuesday, January 10, 2023 | 12:00-1:00pm CT / 1:00pm-2:00pm ET
- Module 4: Bridging Worlds
Self-paced and accessible 24/7
The credential holder demonstrates their knowledge through successfully passing exams and quizzes associated with each section. Additional criteria required to earn the credential includes:
- Viewing a minimum of 12 hours of online presentations.
- Completing exams for each of the two core courses at a passing score of 60%.
- Completing quizzes for at least four of the 14 elective presentations at a passing score of 60%.
- Active participation in required discussion board assignments.
- Completion of any additional readings/assignments required by faculty.