A leader. A change driver. A creative thinker. As a health care strategist, you’ve probably been called all of these. At SHSMD, we arm you with forward-thinking insights and a robust professional network to further you on your journey of leading health care into the future. Stay at the forefront of health care, strengthen your organization and advance your career with SHSMD by your side.
SHSMD members are innovators, storytellers, collaborators and strategic thinkers helping to shape the rapidly evolving health care landscape and promote health in their communities. These health care strategists work in:
- Marketing and digital engagement
- Communications and public relations
- Strategic planning and business development
- Physician relations
- And other fields related to health care strategy
All SHSMD members receive full access to SHSMD benefits.
4 Ways to Join or Renew SHSMD Membership
- Online: Click the links above to join or renew your SHSMD membership.
- By phone: Call 312-422-3888 to join or renew your current or expired SHSMD membership.
- By fax: Fax your completed application to 312-422-3609.
- By mail: Mail your check and completed application to:
c/o American Hospital Association
P.O. Box 75315
Chicago, IL 60675-5315
Note: SHSMD membership may be cancelled at any time, however, membership is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
* If applying for or renewing faculty membership, please enclose with your application documents certifying you are a full-time faculty member at a college or university, teaching health care, communications, marketing, planning, or public relations.
** If applying for or renewing student membership, please enclose with your application documents certifying you are a full-time student at a college, pursuing a degree in health care, communications, marketing, planning, or public relations (12+ credit hours for undergraduate, 9+ credit hours for graduate).