SHSMD Connections 2023 is the nation’s leading annual conference for health care strategy and market development professionals.
If your role is in marketing/digital engagement, communications/public relations, strategic planning, and/or business development, join us in Chicago, September 10-12, for three days of actionable content, networking, and collaboration with the nation's top health care strategists. You will walk away inspired, with new connections, and a long list of innovative tactics.
Can’t join us in person? The Virtual Component will be held October 20, 2023.
Conference Tracks/Topic Areas
- Paid and Unpaid Media:
- Social Media: TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, other influencer platforms
- Privacy, HIPAA, data compliance
- CRM and automation
- Content Strategy (websites, patient portals, apps, media)
- Budgeting, ROI, key metrics, dashboards
- Data analytics (data storytelling, reporting to C-suite and justifying campaigns)
- Physician marketing
- Population health strategies (behavioral marketing, diversity/equity/inclusion)
- Consumerism (retail strategies, human-centered design, customer engagement, understanding the patient/customer journey)
- Service line marketing
- Market research
- Brand and reputation strategies
- Getting a seat at the table and getting leadership support for new ideas
- Marketing workforce - new roles, team structure, turnover, managing remote teams, outsourcing
- When do you use an agency versus keep in-house?
- Crisis/disaster communications
- Internal communications, employee engagement & burnout strategies
- Physician retention and recruitment
- Communications during times of great change/being change agent
- Communications strategies for: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, population health, community partnerships
- Media relations
- Reputation management and building trust
- Political challenges - public reporting of price transparency, quality and patient satisfaction metrics
- Culture building
- Broadcasting (podcasts, FB Live, newsrooms, newsletters)
- Innovative partnerships and competing with disruptor
- Business planning (rapid cycle, scenario planning)
- New models of care & revenue strategies (e.g. value-based care, virtual health/telemedicine, population health, ACOs, CINs, health & wellness, payor partnerships, at home hospital, etc.)
- Integrating capital and financial planning (value-based care models)
- Service line growth and planning
- Growth & development strategies across the continuum of care (e.g. ambulatory, acute & traditional service line, post-acute, physician network, digital)
- Strategic analytics & data visualization
- COVID-19 recovery strategies and market opportunities
- Incorporating Diversity, Equity and Inclusion goals into mission and planning
- Financial planning
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy - social determinants of health, health equity and access
- Emerging health care trends, new care delivery methods (hospitals at home, next gen telehealth), disruptors & innovation
- Health care policy, advocacy, regulations
- Innovation & transformation (e.g. innovation centers, diversified revenue opportunities & investments, out-of-industry applications, private equity investment)
- Consumerism, patient engagement, and personalized care
- Technology-enabled innovation for digital access, seamless patient navigation, human design, use of Artificial Intelligence
- Strategic partnerships & stakeholder alignment
- Planning for the future of health care-What’s next?
- Career growth & development, (e.g. executive presence, emotional intelligence, change acceleration)
- Budget and Financial management – staffing, prioritization, budget cuts, challenges for small organizations
- Workforce planning - turnover challenges and retention strategies
- Mental health and emotional well-being; burnout & resiliency
- Employee Engagement strategies
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Managing remote-based workers and hybrid work environments
- Enhancing staff roles, processes, re-organization of teams
SHSMD 2023 Annual Conference
What to Expect at SHSMD 2023
Attendees at SHSMD's Annual Conference will learn about new practices, discover solutions to complex challenges and stay informed about new developments in the health care strategy field.
Attendees can expect:
- Peer-to-peer knowledge sharing
- Timely and innovative sessions from leading experts
- Hands-on solutions from vendors
- Continuing education credits towards leading certifications
Chicago, IL | Big City Features with Homegrown Hospitality
This year's SHSMD Annual Conference will be held in downtown Chicago, IL. The location is near exquisite dining, a variety of shopping centers, world-class museums, waterfront activities and endless entertainment. As you plan your conference trip, be sure to make time to explore this beautiful city in late summer!
Here are a few of our favorites that we know you will enjoy:
- Navy Pier: Explore this fun filled hot spot to marvel at Chicago's beautiful waterfront and skyline.
- The Art Institute of Chicago: Visit one of the most diverse and unique galleries in the Midwest, housing impactful art of all mediums.
- The Field Museum: Enjoy a tour through this multi-award winning museum, known for its Egyptian mummies, the man-eating lions of Tsavo, and SUE, the largest and most complete Tyrannosaurus rex ever discovered.
- Skydeck Chicago: Get some thrills by visiting this sky high attraction.
- Goodman Theatre: Come be entertained by some of the nation's best performers.
- Millennium Park: Take a relaxing stroll through this beautiful park known for the Bean, its serene scenery and fun festivals.