November 4, 2019–January 17, 2020
SHSMD Credentials | 24/7 access
Due to popular demand, SHSMD is excited to offer the Strategic Planning in Health Care online course series again! The series received an outstanding overall evaluation rating of 4.87/5 (with 5 being extremely satisfied). Hear what past participants said about the series:
"I hold an established strategy role at a large institution and this course FAR exceeded my expectations (which were already high) in terms of rich content, crisp delivery, flexibility for a professional learner, and immediate applicability to my daily responsibilities. Truly spectacular!"
"Presenters were top notch and clearly current in the field of strategic planning. I very much enjoyed this class."
"This has been a great resource and learning opportunity for me. Will not only make me a more valuable employee but more importantly will benefit our hospital and patients."
The series will offer two core courses plus self-paced electives that allow you to customize the program based on your areas of interest. See below for more detail.
Course 1: Strategic Planning Process and Content
November 4–15, 2019
This course will cover four modules, with each module including a live, 60 minute webcast and associated discussions questions/assignments. Registrants must also pass a short exam at the end of the course as part of the credential requirements.
- Module 1: Tuesday, November 5, Noon Central | Designing an Effective Strategic Planning Process
- Module 2: Thursday, November 7, Noon Central | Elements of a Strategic Plan
- Module 3: Tuesday, November 12 | Strategic Metrics (Key Performance Indicators)
- Module 4: Wednesday, November 14 | Understanding Context and Being Future Focused
November 18, 2019 –January 3, 2020
Registrants will have access to watch all electives, but must watch a minimum of four elective webcasts based on their interests, and complete/pass accompanying quiz. Participants have over two months to complete four elective modules.
Course 2: Successful Plan Execution
January 6–17, 2020
This course will cover four modules, with each module including a live, 60 minute webcast and associated discussions questions/assignments. Registrants must pass a short exam at the end of the course as part of the credential requirements.
- Module 1: Tuesday, January 7 | Communicating the Strategic Plan to Different Stakeholders
- Module 2: Thursday, January 9 | Developing a Tactical Plan
- Module 3: Tuesday, January 14 | Integrating and Aligning the Strategic Plan with Financial Planning
- Module 4: Thursday, January 16 | Using Bridging Worlds to Advance Plan Development
Only upon completion of all the credential requirements will registrants will receive a SHSMD Strategic Planning in Health Care Credential. This includes completion of assignments, discussion board, exams, quizzes and evaluations.
Senior Vice President, Planning and Chief Strategy Officer
Jeffrey A. Kraut
Executive Vice President Strategy & Analytics