Live Sessions: November 6 - January 19 | On Demand Recordings: 24/7 access
Learn how to develop a strategic plan that will lead your organization through change.
According to intelligence services company IntelliBridge, only 10% of organizations successfully implement and execute strategic planning. That's because strategic planning is a complex process that requires a deep understanding of the health care field, the ability to assess key trends and challenges, and the skills to develop and implement effective strategies.
This comprehensive two-course program will teach you how to:
- Align your strategic plan with your organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Identify and assess key trends and challenges in the health care field.
- Develop effective strategies to achieve your organization’s goals and objectives.
- Communicate and implement your plan successfully.
How will this course benefit your career?
- Increased earning potential - According to a SHSMD 2021 survey of compensation salaries were significantly higher for those with strategic planning skills.
- Career advancement - The skills taught in this course are essential for those that aspire to advance to leadership positions.
- Improved job satisfaction - Individuals involved in strategy have the opportunity to make a real difference in their organization and help improve the quality of care for patients.
- Competitive advantage - Organizations with strong strategic plans are better positioned to succeed in today's competitive environment.
For groups of 3 or more a 10% discount is available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: All live webinars will be held 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. CT
We encourage you to participate as much as possible during the live webinars, but in the event you cannot attend, all modules are recorded and available 24/7.
Course 1: Strategic Planning Process and Content
This course will cover four modules, with each module including a live, 60 minute webcast and associated discussions/assignments. Registrants must also pass a short exam at the end of the course as part of the credential requirements.
Module 1: Designing an Effective Strategic Planning Process
Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Module 2: Elements of a Strategic Plan
Thursday, November 9, 2023
Module 3: Strategic Metrics (Key Performance Indicators)
Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Module 4: Understanding Context and Being Future Focused
Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Electives Course: Self-Paced
- Click here to view the full list of elective webinars. You are required to watch four webinars and complete/pass the accompanying quizzes in order to earn the SHSMD Digital Credential in Health Care Strategic Planning.
Course 2: Successful Plan Execution
Module 1: Communicating the Strategic Plan to Different Stakeholders
Tuesday, January 9, 2024
Module 2: Developing a Tactical Plan
Thursday, Jan 11, 2024
Module 3: Integrating and Aligning the Strategic Plan with Financial Planning
Tuesday, January 16, 2024
Module 4: Bridging Worlds
Only upon completion of all the credential requirements will registrants will receive a SHSMD Strategic Planning in Health Care Credential. This includes completion of assignments, discussion board, exams, quizzes, and evaluations.
*Includes 1-year SHSMD membership.
Jeffrey A. Kraut
Executive Vice President Strategy & Analytics
All participants will receive a complimentary digital copy of A Practical Guide to Health Care Strategic Planning. To purchase additional copies of the publication, click here.
"I hold an established strategy role at a large institution and this course FAR exceeded my expectations (which were already high) in terms of rich content, crisp delivery, flexibility for a professional learner, and immediate applicability to my daily responsibilities. Truly spectacular!"
“The speakers, moderator, presentations, and content were excellent! I enjoyed seeing real examples of concepts and materials being taught.”
"This has been a great resource and learning opportunity for me. Will not only make me a more valuable employee but more importantly will benefit our hospital and patients."
“Very well done. SHSMD is a gold standard for strategic planning.”