November 4, 2019–January 17, 2020
SHSMD Credentials | 24/7 access
Due to popular demand, SHSMD is excited to offer the Strategic Planning in Health Care online course series again! The series received an outstanding overall evaluation rating of 4.87/5 (with 5 being extremely satisfied). Hear what past participants said about the series:
"I hold an established strategy role at a large institution and this course FAR exceeded my expectations (which were already high) in terms of rich content, crisp delivery, flexibility for a professional learner, and immediate applicability to my daily responsibilities. Truly spectacular!"
"Presenters were top notch and clearly current in the field of strategic planning. I very much enjoyed this class."
"This has been a great resource and learning opportunity for me. Will not only make me a more valuable employee but more importantly will benefit our hospital and patients."
The series will offer two core courses plus self-paced electives that allow you to customize the program based on your areas of interest. See below for more detail.
Course 1: Strategic Planning Process and Content
November 4–15, 2019
This course will cover four modules, with each module including a live, 60 minute webcast and associated discussions questions/assignments. Registrants must also pass a short exam at the end of the course as part of the credential requirements.
- Module 1: Tuesday, November 5, Noon Central | Designing an Effective Strategic Planning Process
- Module 2: Thursday, November 7, Noon Central | Elements of a Strategic Plan
- Module 3: Tuesday, November 12 | Strategic Metrics (Key Performance Indicators)
- Module 4: Wednesday, November 14 | Understanding Context and Being Future Focused
November 18, 2019 –January 3, 2020
Registrants will have access to watch all electives, but must watch a minimum of four elective webcasts based on their interests, and complete/pass accompanying quiz. Participants have over two months to complete four elective modules.
Course 2: Successful Plan Execution
January 6–17, 2020
This course will cover four modules, with each module including a live, 60 minute webcast and associated discussions questions/assignments. Registrants must pass a short exam at the end of the course as part of the credential requirements.
- Module 1: Tuesday, January 7 | Communicating the Strategic Plan to Different Stakeholders
- Module 2: Thursday, January 9 | Developing a Tactical Plan
- Module 3: Tuesday, January 14 | Integrating and Aligning the Strategic Plan with Financial Planning
- Module 4: Thursday, January 16 | Using Bridging Worlds to Advance Plan Development
Only upon completion of all the credential requirements will registrants will receive a SHSMD Strategic Planning in Health Care Credential. This includes completion of assignments, discussion board, exams, quizzes and evaluations.