Definition: Cultivate an active network of relationships inside and outside of organization; stay in touch; develop meaningful relationships.
Relates to: Erase Boundaries of Business
- Keep in mind that being connected is about being genuine.
- Be known as a powerful resource to others.
- Be visible.
- Build solid relationships – trust is the key.
- Diversify your relationships.
- Think of being connected as having sustained relationships – nurture your contacts.
Nicholas A. Christakis and James H. Fowler, Connected: The Surprising Power of Our Social Networks and How They Shape Our Lives (New York: Little, Brown Company, 2009).