Definition: Balance multiple interests to reach a mutually satisfactory agreement.
Relates to: Erase Boundaries of Business
- Be fair and ethical.
- Prioritize finding a win-win solution over simply winning.
- Frame decisions in terms of their fundamental purposes, such as greater patient satisfaction. Don't confuse outputs and outcomes.
- Avoid taking disagreement personally and avoid focusing on personalities. Look at shared goals.
- Aim high.
- Keep an open mind.
- Identify your targets and strategy.
- Understand the other parties' perspectives and motivations.
- Be clear about your alternatives and fall-back positions.
- Know what you are willing to give up.