Definition: Viewed as an expert in a particular subject or field; frequently called on to give opinions to the organization; has deliberately developed expertise.
Relates to: Generate Data-Driven Insight
- Be an expert; offer expertise in an area that very few possess.
- Know one or two big things and know them in depth and detail compared to your contemporaries.
- Develop the ability to think about your knowledge from a variety of eclectic perspectives and be able to collaborate successfully with people who have different specializations.
- Learn from books and seek out blogs/experts in your specialty to follow; the average person who reads 20 minutes a day can read 35 books per year.
- Take what your learn in books, workshops, conferences, etc. and apply it in your work and outside of work – learn from experience. Share your learnings with peers/influencers.