Definition: Find, consume, and process information to become highly knowledgeable and functional in a short timeframe when faced with a new challenge.
Relates to: Be Nimble to Exceed the Rate of Change
- Keep up with the industry headlines.
- Organize and prioritize your inbox.
- Review your information sources and remove ones that take time but don't add value.
- Become more efficient; seek out the right information rather than just become faster at consuming it.
- Think in terms of building knowledge from information - look for the information that leads to better decisions rather than just what's "interesting."