Definition: Foster a reputation for sharing knowledge; be resourceful and proactively assist others to solve problems; connect others with available resources.
Relates to: Erase Boundaries of Business
- Before doing something and attempting to help, stop and examine it from different perspectives, both to see different ways you might be able to help, and whether or not your help is necessary.
- Be a good listener so you can target your assistance.
- Be sincere in your giving and do not keep a scorecard.
- Being helpful may mean remaining calm or being encouraging.
- Be available to others; make time to be helpful.