FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Society for Healthcare Strategy & Market Development (SHSMD) of the American Hospital Association has announced the election of Ben Dillon, chief strategy officer for Geonetric, as president of the SHSMD Board of Directors for 2018.
Dillon is an industry expert with more than 20 years of experience in healthcare, marketing, digital technology and business. In his position with Cedar Rapids, Iowa-based Geonetric, he guides the firm’s research initiatives, oversees the development and implementation of thought capital, and writes and presents on e-Health topics for numerous publications and associations. He also manages the growth, development and strategic direction of the firm’s healthcare offerings, and provides strategic consulting for healthcare clients on a wide range of digital marketing and communications priorities.
Dillon succeeds Ruth Portacci, SHSMD’s president in 2017, who will remain on the board. Portacci is principal for Healthcare Strategy Partners, Inc., in Nashville, Tennessee.
Rose Glenn—senior vice president, chief communications and chief experience officer for Henry Ford Health System in Detroit, Michigan—was elected president-elect for 2018. Glenn joined the Henry Ford Health System in 2001, and leads a team responsible for strategies to further the growth, preference, and customer engagement of the health system and its subsidiaries. Glenn has more than 30 years of experience in in strategic marketing and communications for a wide range of health systems.
The society also announced the election of the following new board members for 2018:
- Corbin Riemer, vice president, client strategy, Influence Health, Birmingham, Alabama
- Jeff Steblea, senior account executive and data strategist, SilverTech, Inc., Manchester, New Hampshire
- Christine Albert, vice president, marketing, LCMC Health, New Orleans, Louisianna
Reelected to the board were:
- Rick Ayers, vice president of public relations and marketing, Wellspan Health, York, Pennsylvania
- Camille Strickland, senior director, marketing, communications, and strategy, Orthopaedic Institute for Children, Los Angeles, California
- Jennifer Wilkerson, vice president, strategic and business planning, Baltimore region, MedStar Health, Columbia, Maryland
- Lisa Henry, director, corporate marketing and communications, Mary Washington Healthcare, Fredericksburg, Virginia
- Also returning as SHSMD board members for 2018 are:
- Dean Browell, PhD, executive vice president and co-founder, Feedback, LLC, Richmond, Virginia
- Ryan Gish, managing director, Kaufman, Hall & Associates, Inc., Skokie, Illinois
- Holly Sullivan, director, strategic partnerships, Spectrum Health, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- William Hennessey, vice president–mission, Mercy Springfield Communities, Springfield, Missouri
- Jeff Kraut, executive vice president, strategy and analytics, Northwell Health, Great Neck, New York
- Lisa Schiller, system vice president, communications and marketing, UNC Healthcare; and vice president, communications and marketing, Rex Healthcare, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Alan Shoebridge, senior director, marketing, Providence Health and Services, Portland, Oregon
The elections were announced at SHSMD’s annual conference in Orlando, Florida.
The Society for Healthcare Strategy & Market Development (SHSMD), a professional membership group of the American Hospital Association, is the largest and most prominent voice and resource for healthcare strategists in planning, marketing, communications, public relations, business development, and physician strategy. SHSMD is committed to leading, connecting, and serving its members to prepare them for the future with greater knowledge and opportunity as their organizations strive to improve the health of their communities. For more information, visit shsmd.org.