Definition: Establish and maintain effective human connections with others inside and outside the organization; actively listen and connect relevant interests to develop partnerships.
Relates to: Tell Stories. Create Experiences
- Build a list of relationships you would like to establish inside/outside the organization and pursue them one at a time.
- Be friendly and make authentic connections. Send thank you notes and communication after meetings.
- Ask people questions, be genuinely interested in them.
- Accept people the way they are.
- Assume people want to form relationships.
- Overcome your fear of rejection.
- Listen and withhold judgment.
- Ask a friend/mentor to help make an introduction.