FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Society for Health Care Strategy & Market Development (SHSMD) of the American Hospital Association (AHA) has announced Jennifer Weiss Wilkerson will serve as president of the SHSMD board for 2021. Wilkerson is vice president and chief strategy officer for Sheppard Pratt in Maryland.
She succeeds Holly Sullivan, SHSMD’s board president for 2020, who will remain on the board as immediate past president. Sullivan is senior director for strategic marketing for Spectrum Health in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
SHSMD also announced the election of Lisa Schiller as president-elect of the board for 2021. Schiller is chief communications and marketing officer for UNC Health and UNC School of Medicine in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
SHSMD is a professional membership group of the AHA for health care strategists in marketing, strategic planning, business development, communications and public relations.
In addition, SHSMD announced the election of the following new board members:
- Adam Higman, partner, strategic consulting, Press Ganey, St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Lisa Crockett, executive director, system strategy and planning, Providence St. Joseph Health, Olympia, Washington.
- Shay Pratt, vice president, strategy and service line research, Advisory Board, Washington, D.C.
- Christina Deidesheimer, vice president, communications and outreach and chief communications officer, Beebe Healthcare, Lewes, Delaware.
Reelected to the board are:
- Jeff Steblea, director, sales, Eruptr, Greenfield, Massachusetts.
- Christine Albert, senior vice president, marketing and communications, LCMC Health, New Orleans, Louisiana.
Also returning as board members for 2021 are:
- Dean Browell, executive vice president and co-founder, Feedback, Richmond, Virginia.
- David Grandy, national vice president, design and innovation, Office of Transformation, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, California.
- Suzanne B. Hendery, chief marketing and customer officer, Renown Health, Reno, Nevada.
- Bill Hennessey, vice president – mission, Mercy Springfield Communities, Springfield, Missouri.
- Dennis S. Jolley, vice president, institutional advancement and chief strategy officer, Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare, St, Paul, Minnesota.
- Dan Miers, chief strategy officer, SPM Marketing & Communications, La Grange, Illinois.
- Alan Shoebridge, director, marketing and communications, Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System, Salinas, California.
- Jhaymee Tynan, assistant vice president, integration, Atrium Health, Charlotte, North Carolina.
About the Organization
SHSMD, a professional membership group of the AHA, is the largest and most prominent voice for health care strategists in marketing, strategic planning, business development, communications and public relations. SHSMD is committed to leading, connecting and serving its members to prepare them for the future with greater knowledge and opportunity as their organizations strive to improve the health of their communities. The society provides a broad and constantly updated array of resources, services, experiences and connections. For more information, visit shsmd.org.