Environmental assessment helps healthcare leaders plan for the future
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Chicago (January 26, 2017) — The Society for Healthcare Strategy & Market Development (SHSMD) of the American Hospital Association today released the highly respected environmental assessment Futurescan 2017-2022: Healthcare Trends and Implications.
The publication includes an introduction by renowned futurist Ian Morrison, PhD, and features the following articles by eight thought and opinion leaders on issues that are transforming healthcare:
- Integration: “The New Role of Integration,” by Kenneth Kaufman, Chair, Kaufman Hall
- Payment Reform: “Two Payment Models Will Dominate the Move to Value-Based Care,” by Michael Chernew, PhD, Professor of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School
- Big Data: “The Power of Advanced Technologies to Transform Hospitals and Health Systems,” by Shahram Ebadollahi, PhD, Vice President of Innovations and Chief Science Officer, IBM Watson Health
- CEO of the Future: “Striking a Balance Between Population Health and Individual Health,” by Howard Grant, MD, JD, President and CEO, Lahey Health
- Workforce: “New Ways to Lead the Workforce of the Future,” by Maureen Bisognano, HFACHE, President Emerita, Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Doctor Relations: “Physician Leadership and Engagement: Vital to Healthcare Improvement,” by Peter Angood, MD, CEO and President, American Association for Physician Leadership
- Virtual Healthcare: “Changing the Face of Medicine Through Virtual Care,” by Randall Moore, MD, President, Mercy Virtual
- Innovation at Scale: “Exponential Change in Today’s Healthcare System,” by Peter Diamandis, MD, Founder and Executive Chairman, XPRIZE Foundation
The timely articles are supported by data from a survey of 651 healthcare leaders across the country.
"Futurescan is an essential tool for strategic planning,” said SHSMD Board President Ruth Portacci. “The publication examines the forces of change that continue to reshape the healthcare environment and provide important insights for hospitals, health systems and other providers.”
For more information, visit shsmd.org.futurescan.
SHSMD has published Futurescan annually in collaboration with the American College of Healthcare Executives since 1999. This edition is sponsored by Evariant.
About the Society for Healthcare Strategy and Market Development (SHSMD)
SHSMD, a professional membership group of the American Hospital Association, is the largest and most prominent voice for healthcare professionals in strategic planning, marketing, public relations and communications. SHSMD is committed to helping its members prepare for the future with greater knowledge and opportunity as their organizations strive to improve the health and quality of life of their communities. The society serves more than 4,300 members by providing a broad and constantly updated array of resources, services, experiences and connections. For more information, visit shsmd.org.
About the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
ACHE is an international professional society of 40,000 healthcare executives who lead hospitals, healthcare systems and other healthcare organizations. ACHE’s mission is to advance its members and healthcare management excellence. ACHE offers its prestigious FACHE® credential, signifying board certification in healthcare management. ACHE’s established network of 80 chapters provides access to networking, education and career development at the local level. In addition, ACHE is known for its magazine, Healthcare Executive, and its career development and public policy programs. Through such efforts, ACHE works toward its vision of being the preeminent professional society for healthcare executives dedicated to improving health. For more information, visit ache.org.
Evariant provides a leading healthcare CRM solution suite designed to help health systems transform the healthcare experience for their consumers, patients, and physicians. Built in partnership with Salesforce, Evariant’s solutions foster richer consumer/patient engagement and tighter physician alignment. The platform, powered by industry-leading data and analytics, enables health systems to effectively communicate care options that increase revenue and market share, while optimizing network utilization. Learn more at Evariant.com.