SHSMD Education Online Course
On-Demand, 24/7 Access
Comment from live attendee:
"This introduction course is very well organized and covers just the right amount of information to help professionals in the health care industry. Thank you!"
The U.S. health care delivery system is vast and always changing. Understanding its size, scope, and complexity can help improve the performance of anyone who works in health care. In this health care 101 course, you will learn how to better navigate your own system/organization, gain a general comprehension of the language of health care (and its many acronyms), and get an overview on the health care landscape. This course is intended for those who may have recently moved into health care from an outside industry or may just want an update on the U.S. health care system.
In this on demand course, containing 6 hour-long webcasts, faculty will present on the following four areas of the health care system, highlighting their key characteristics, challenges, and future impact on health care:
- Health Care Consumers
- Insurers/Managed Care Organizations
- Hospitals and Post-Acute Care Facilities
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the major structural elements of the American health care system
- Determine the key drivers of the health care system
- Identify the health care system’s major groups and their key characteristics
- Understand the relationship among the key players in the health care system
- Understand some economic fundamentals of the health care system
Each topic has two webcasts. The first webcast is focused on providing in-depth content around that specific topic, and the second webcast you can listen to the live informal Q&A and review the discussion board assignment comments.
Discounted group rates are available for 3 or more participants from an organization. Contact SHSMD for more information.
Director, Corporate Marketing and Communications
Mary Washington Healthcare
Vice President, Strategy
Ascension Saint Thomas
Director of Marketing
Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System