On demand access to watch recordings through 12/31/23.
Social media trends, tools, and rules change quickly in health care. Join our annual online certificate series to learn from your peers who will share their strategies, innovative ideas and helpful tools around content development and strategy, resources, influencer marketing, and platforms such as LinkedIn and podcasting.
In addition to six on-demand webinars, you will also gain access to over 20 recordings on previous social media sessions including last year’s 2022 series, the 2021 series, and sessions from the 2022 conference. See below for a full list of sessions recordings.
Dates: Live webinars were recorded the weeks of August 7-18, 2023, and are available on demand through the end of the year.
Format: Webinars on the topics below. The course includes associated discussion board activities and engagement opportunities with your peers and presenters. Plus, access to a variety of resources that will help participants apply learnings to their role and organization.
Those who complete course requirements will receive a digital credential that they can share via their social outlets such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
10% registration discount available for groups of 3 or more. Contact SHSMD@aha.org for the group rate.
Schedule of Live Sessions:
A Winning Social Strategy You Have the Resources to Start Now
Cari Zahn, Senior Digital Marketing Specialist, Kettering Health
Alex Smith, Digital Marketing Manager, Kettering Health
Wednesday, August 9:
Social Media Success Blueprint: Unlocking the Power of Strategic Content Strategies
Megan Kramer, Senior Content Specialist, GLC
Friday, August 11:
What’s on the Menu? Creating a Delicious Social Strategy
Monday August 14:
Ochsner Health: Using Influencer Marketing to Amplify Ongoing Population Health Efforts
Adair Leblanc, Manager of Digital Content, Ochsner Health
Amanda Herriman, Senior Marketing Strategist, Wax Custom Communications
Craig Fairfield, Managing Director, Wax Custom Communications
Wednesday, August 16:
How to Leverage Your Personal Brand on LinkedIn to Amplify Your Organization
Rachel Simon, Founder & CEO, Connect the Dots Digital
Friday, August 18:
Hospitals that do Podcast Marketing Right. What they know!
Ken Tran, Content Strategy Specialist, Weill Cornell Medicine
Bill Klaproth, Director of Marketing, DoctorPodcasting by RadioMD
Melanie Cole, Director of Operations, DoctorPodcasting by RadioMD
PLUS! ACCESS OVER 20 ON DEMAND RECORDINGS!
2022 Social Media Series Recordings:
- Hospital Podcast Marketing: Easy content creation direct from your doctors for your social media, website and more
- Case Study: Docs on TikTok: Mastering Clinical “Edu-tainment”
- Demand + Brand: A Paid Social Synergy to Grow Patient Volume
- Hospital Social Media Governance Survey Insights, Trends and Best Practices
- The Power of Influencer Marketing in Health Care
Access to recordings from the 2020 and 2021 “Advanced Health Care Social Media and Digital Marketing Virtual Conference” co-hosted with Mayo Clinic Social Media Network.
2021 “Advanced Health Care Social Media and Digital Marketing Virtual Conference” Recordings:
- Long COVID: Enabled by Social Media, Patients Define an Urgent New Need
- How Clubhouse Conversations are Connecting Health Care Researchers, Practitioners, Patients, and More.... Join the Club!
- Smarter Together: Influencer Marketing, TikTok, & Other Digital Tactics to Shake Up Your Marketing Mix Real-Time Relevance: How Johns Hopkins Medicine Uses Digital Behavioral Insights to Engage Physicians How Stress, Burnout and Fatigue Impacts Performance
- Creating Inclusive Web and Social Content for Transgender Patients Emerging Trends in Internal Communications
- Emerging Trends in Internal Communications
- The Strategic Advantage of Owning Your Online Community
2020 “Advanced Health Care Social Media and Digital Marketing Virtual Conference” Recordings:
- Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Health Care Marketing
- Showcasing the Patient Experience through Social Media Content
- Leveraging Twitter to Identify Physician Influencers and Drive Reputation
- The Plot Thickens: How to Enhance Storytelling on Social Media
- Beyond Posting: Using Social to Boost Marketing, Strengthen the Customer Journey, and Break Down Silos
- At Times it's Too Much to Bear: Supporting Patients with Facebook Groups and Online Communities
- CEOs Taking a Stand: Building a National Thought Leadership Position
- Understanding Digital Marketing in a Privacy-Focused World